One of the great benefits of hosting events at the Mt. Baker facility is that members and their families may camp at the event site the evening before the event! NEXT EVENT: Sunday July 17th. We always have a lot of fun while camping and the beauty of a Mt. Baker sunrise is memorable to say the least. Below are some helpful tips if you plan to camp:
- There is no electricity or water available
- Pit toilets are located on the far side of the pad and are the only restroom facilities
- People typically camp under the lodge exterior roof (as there is NO LODGE ACCESS) or on the South and East sides of the lodge (see map below). There is optional camping in the north gravel lot as well.
- Tent camping under lodge exterior roof: There is limited space under cover and use of space is on a first-come first-served basis. As we use this space for spectators and lunch during the event, please pack up your tent and personal belongings by morning registration.
- No open-fires! You may, however bring a propane fire pit.
- Garbage – as we have limited ability to transport our garbage off site, please plan to haul your personal garbage out.
- Pets must be leashed.
- Plan for sun and rain, as well as cold and warm temperatures as weather at the lodge can change quickly!
If you plan to camp, please notify a club member by Saturday morning, or send Tanya a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send any other questions regarding camping to Tanya!